in DC, MD, VA & in your house.
Recently, I’ve been encouraged by some buddies to post recipes for some of the food I’ve been cooking, even if the photos were only taken with my phone. So now, here it is!
Growing up in Manila in the 80′s, I used to eat Ginataang Mais for merienda (mid-afternoon snack). It can be served warm or cold.
Ginataang Mais (Corn in Coconut Milk)
[ Ingredients ]
- 6 cups water
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sweet rice (I used the Japanese kind)
- 1.5 cups of sweet corn (I used Trader Joe’s frozen organic corn)
[ Process ]
- put all the ingredients except for the corn in a big pot
- let boil on low heat for 15 minutes
- add corn then keep on low until it thickens