in DC, MD, VA & in your house.
My friend Ding (who recently moved to Amsterdam) shared this recipe with me a few months ago. I finally got around to making it so I jotted down the measurements, added a couple of ingredients & now I am sharing it with you.
[ Ingredients ]
- 2 beets, peeled with a vegetable peeler & sliced
- 1 small cabbage, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled & sliced
- a few leaves of chard, sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley
- tiny pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 apple cut up in very small pieces
[ Process ]
- put first five ingredients in the food processor and pulse to chop
- transfer into bowl & mix in the next 5 ingredients
Ding usually adds an onion & sometimes radish in the food processor. Serve it on it’s own, on top of salad greens or as a side dish. This salad goes well with C.C.R.