in DC, MD, VA & in your house.
When I went to visit the Philippines a couple of months ago, I was introduced to breakfast smoothies by our fabulous Subic Bay hosts Corey & Mona. They used romaine lettuce, spinach or kale & whatever fruit they had at hand. I’ve been hooked since! So (almost) everyday, O & I have smoothies for breakfast.
[ Ingredients ]
- 1 banana, peeled & sliced
- 1 apple, core removed & cubed
- 1 orange, peeled & cut into four pieces
- 1 cup of mango chunks (frozen)
- 1 cup of strawberries (frozen)
- 2 handfuls (or 3) of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup of coconut juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
[ Process ]
- place all ingredients in a high speed blender & make sure to secure the lid
- blend until it looks like the picture above