in DC, MD, VA & in your house.
No, not Creedence Clearwater Revival but Ms. Julie Yoder‘s yummy dish called “Cashew, Chick Pea, Rice”. I had the pleasure of tasting this dish at last Saturday’s Girls Rock! D.C. volunteer orientation. It’s super easy to make yet very satisfying.
[ Ingredients ]
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (J. Yo’s dish calls for 2 cups of wild rice but I had cooked brown rice handy)
- 1 can cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- sea salt (to taste)
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
[ Process ]
- in a small bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, sea salt & red pepper flakes
- in a big bowl, pour all the cooked brown rice
- mix in chickpeas, cashews, sesame seeds & olive oil mixture
You can put more cashews, chickpeas & also olive oil if you like. J. Yo also recommends raisins.