in DC, MD, VA & in your house.
We didn’t have much in the fridge except for almost wilted salad greens & green beans that day, neither of which I wanted to go to waste so I put together a cold pasta salad dish that came out really yummy. I didn’t get to measure any of this as I was just winging it. Next time I make it again, I’ll be sure to have measurements for you.
[ Ingredients ]
- pasta (I mixed normal with whole wheat Farfalle since there was not enough of either)
- green beans (cut ends and chop into medium pieces)
- salad greens
- chopped fresh basil
- minced garlic (to your liking – we like garlic a lot)
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper (to taste)
[ Process ]
- cook pasta per package directions
- when almost done, throw in the green beans then drain it in a pasta strainer, let it cool
- in a bowl, mix together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, salt & pepper
- throw in pasta & green beans, mix
- lastly, throw in the salad greens & fresh basil
- let cool in the fridge for a little bit or eat right away. It’s up to you.