in DC, MD, VA & in your house.
I got this recipe from my friend Dave (Happy Birthday!). He got the recipe from here except he adds chocolates & nuts to his version so I modified the recipe to how we make it at home. I made it a couple of times with chocolate soy milk & that was really yummy too.
[ Ingredients ]
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance organic buttery spread
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed well
- 1/4 cup almond milk, mixed with 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
[ Process ]
- preheat oven to 350 F
- lightly coat an 8×4 bread pan with with margarine
- sift together flour, baking soda, salt and spices
- cream together the margarine and sugars.
- add bananas, almond milk and vanilla.
- add the wet ingredients to the dry except for the chocolate chips & walnuts, mix well.
- add the chocolate chips & walnuts, mix
- pour batter into pan
- bake for an hour to an hour 10 minutes.
Enjoy (& try not to eat all in one sitting).