in DC, MD, VA & in your house.
Last week, O told me he wanted to eat more garlic. I was looking through the pantry and found the bag of pasta from Trader Joe’s and decided to make a simple and garlicky pasta dish for us.
[ Ingredients ]
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s vegetable radiatore pasta
- 1 bulb of medium sized garlic minced
- approximately 1 1/2 cups of mushrooms of your choice. I used a pack of fresh mixed “gourmet mushrooms” from Whole Foods.
- smoked sea salt (to taste – I used Maldon smoked sea salt)
- extra virgin olive oil
- red pepper flakes (to your liking)
[ Process ]
- cook pasta per package directions
- when done, drain it in a pasta strainer
- put the pot used to cook the pasta on the stove & turn up heat to medium
- when the pot is a bit warm, add olive oil
- add minced garlic, red pepper flakes, mushrooms
- after a couple of minutes, when it’s fragrant, add the pasta
- sprinkle smoked sea salt